Attention: You need JavaScript enabled to use this site.

How do I register a Power of Attorney on an existing Savings Account?

In order to register a Power of Attorney on an existing Savings Account, you will need to send us the following:

Required in all cases:

  • Original Power of Attorney document (or a copy certified on every page by a solicitor or other legal professional, using their company stamp and showing the name of the person certifying the document).
  • If the Power of Attorney is an Enduring or Lasting Power of Attorney, this must be a Property and Affairs Power of Attorney (as we do not allow Health and Wellbeing Power of Attorney documents to be registered on savings accounts).

May be required (dependent on circumstances)

If the Attorney(s) is not currently a Member of the West Brom, we will attempt to verify their identity electronically. For this reason, no identification is required at this stage. If, for any reason, we are unable to electronically identity any person who will be connected to the account(s), we will write and request documents to confirm identity.

Please read our important information on ID leaflet.

Where to send the documentation

If it is more convenient you can visit your local branch with the Power of Attorney paperwork. You can find details of your nearest branch here.

Otherwise, please forward the Power of Attorney paperwork, depending on the type of account the Donor holds, to the relevant address below:

Branch or Postal/Telephone Accounts:

West Bromwich Building Society
Head Office,
2 Providence Place,
West Bromwich
B70 8AF.

WeBSave (online) Accounts:

West Bromwich Building Society WeBSave Accounts
PO BOX 1278
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE99 5BQ


Back to top