How do I register a Power of Attorney on an existing Savings Account?
In order to register a Power of Attorney on an existing Savings Account, you will need to send us the following:
Required in all cases:
- Power of Attorney application form.
- Original Power of Attorney document (or a copy certified on every page by a solicitor or other legal professional, using their company stamp and showing the name of the person certifying the document).
- If the Power of Attorney is an Enduring or Lasting Power of Attorney, this must be a Property and Affairs Power of Attorney (as we do not allow Health and Wellbeing Power of Attorney documents to be registered on savings accounts).
May be required (dependent on circumstances)
If the Attorney(s) is not currently a Member of the West Brom, we will attempt to verify their identity electronically. For this reason, no identification is required at this stage. If, for any reason, we are unable to electronically identity any person who will be connected to the account(s), we will write and request documents to confirm identity.
Please read our important information on ID leaflet.
Where to send the documentation
If it is more convenient you can visit your local branch with the Power of Attorney paperwork. You can find details of your nearest branch here.
Otherwise, please forward the Power of Attorney paperwork, depending on the type of account the Donor holds, to the relevant address below:
Branch or Postal/Telephone Accounts:
West Bromwich Building Society
2 Providence Place,
WeBSave (online) Accounts:
West Bromwich Building Society WeBSave Accounts
PO BOX 1278
Newcastle Upon Tyne
- How do I open a new Savings Account under a Power of Attorney?
- How do I register a Power of Attorney on an existing Savings Account?
- How do I set up a Power of Attorney?
- What happens once the Power of Attorney is registered?
- What types of Power of Attorney exist?
- Do you accept Scottish Irish and foreign Power of Attorney documents?