How do I pay money into my account?
If you have a Direct account, we are unable to accept cash payments. All deposits must be either by cheque, payable to the account holder, which you should post to us at Head Office (the West Brom, Savings team, 2 Providence Place, West Bromwich B70 8AF) or you can arrange a transfer from your bank using the following bank details;
Account Number: Your 8 digit West Brom account number
Sort Code: 40 64 36
It is important that you quote all details correctly when making a transaction.
If you have a branch based account, you may make an electronic transfer using the above details or you can make a deposit at your nearest branch, by cash or cheque.
Please check that the terms and conditions of your account permit additional deposits to be made. For example a fixed rate product which has an upper limit may not allow you to make additional payments.
You will NOT be able to use these details to send payments to WeBSave accounts. For more information please refer to our WeBSave FAQs.
- Do any charges apply to your savings accounts?
- How do I close my savings account?
- How do I make a Standing Order payment to my account?
- How do I make withdrawals from my savings account?
- How do I pay money into my account?
- How long does an electronic payment take?
- How much can I withdraw from my savings account at any one time?
- What are your current savings interest rates?
- What is a Tax Identification Number?
- What to do if I have lost my passbook?
- Do you issue cheques payable to a third party?