How much can I withdraw from my savings account at any one time?
For post / telephone accounts, you can withdraw any amount from your account, subject to funds being cleared. The funds will be sent to you by electronic payment to an account in your name.
If you have a Direct account that is operated by post or telephone, you can call our Customer Service team and provided we have your existing bank account details on our system, we will be able to complete an electronic transfer for you. Alternatively, you can write into our Savings team (the West Brom, 2 Providence Place, West Bromwich, B70 8AF) telling us the amount you would like to withdraw and your nominated bank details to send the payment to.
If you have a branch based account, you should visit your nearest branch with your passbook and we will be able to let you have either a cash or cheque withdrawal. Alternatively, you can send your passbook and withdrawal request to our Savings team (the West Brom, 2 Providence Place, West Bromwich, B70 8AF) who will send a cheque to the address we hold for you.
There are cash limits on the amounts you can withdraw from a Branch account, which may change from time to time. To check the limits, you can telephone our Customer Service team.
If you have an online account all transactions must be completed online. Please log into your account and follow the transaction process.
- Do any charges apply to your savings accounts?
- How do I close my savings account?
- How do I make a Standing Order payment to my account?
- How do I make withdrawals from my savings account?
- How do I pay money into my account?
- How long does an electronic payment take?
- How much can I withdraw from my savings account at any one time?
- What are your current savings interest rates?
- What is a Tax Identification Number?
- What to do if I have lost my passbook?
- Do you issue cheques payable to a third party?