Whether you have left your mobile phone in a taxi, lost some jewellery while in the sea or dropped your camera trying to take the perfect holiday snap, these unwanted events result in us having to fund repairs or replacements. Unfortunately, the costs of doing so continue to rise. With our Personal Belongings cover, you and your family are insured on your prized possessions when out and about.
What's included in our Personal Belongings cover?
- Our Standard cover protects your personal belongings up to a total limit of £3,000, while our Premier cover protects up to £5,000. You also have the option of increasing the level of cover to £10,000 on both the Standard and Premier, if desired (single item limit of £2,000 applies).
- Loss or damage to personal belongings and documents within the British Isles and temporarily elsewhere while in the possession of any of your family provided that the period for
which you are outside the British Isles does not exceed a total of 60 days in any insurance period. (Single item limit of £2,000 applies)
- Loss of money (up to £1,000) in the British Isles and temporarily elsewhere while in the possession of any of your family
- Cover for losses where your card provider charges you up to a maximum of £50 for each claim for every card, resulting from unauthorised transactions arising from the use of a lost or stolen credit card (up to a total limit of £500).
What you need to know about our Personal Belongings cover
- Personal belongings above £2,000 must be specified in order to be covered. Items over £5,000 require a valuation
The following is not covered in our Personal Belongings insurance:
- Loss or damage by mechanical, electrical or electronic breakdown, delay, confiscation or detention by customs or other official bodies
- Theft from an unattended motor vehicle is limited to £1,500 in total
- Loss of money not reported to the police within 24 hours of discovery
For more information about our Personal Belongings cover, please see our Home Insurance Policy Wording and Policy Summary documents.
Get a quote