What is a Policy Excess?
An excess is an amount you pay when you make a claim.
A Standard Excess is a fixed/compulsory amount, which cannot be changed or opted out of and a Voluntary Excess is an amount you choose from £0 to £500 (multiples of £50). This will change the price of your premium (minimum premiums apply).
- Do I have to have both contents and buildings insurance?
- Does home insurance apply to me if I rent?
- How do I amend my home insurance policy?
- How do I make a claim on my home insurance?
- What does accidental damage cover and do I need it?
- What happens if I move house?
- What is a Policy Excess?
- Will my home insurance claim be settled on a 'new for old' basis?