Time to switch to a new deal?
Whether you’re on the West Brom Standard Variable Rate or your current deal is coming to an end, we’ll help you find the best deal for you.
If your current mortgage deal is ending and you don't want to switch to a new deal, you do not need to do anything as your mortgage will be automatically changed to our standard variable rate.
If you would like advice from one of our qualified mortgage advisers, who will recommend the most suitable mortgage for you, pop into your local branch or give us a call.
Do I qualify?
You can arrange to switch to a new deal if you're on our standard variable rate. You can also switch deals if your existing deal has 4 months or less to run. If your existing deal has more than 4 months left to run you can still switch your deal, however you may have to pay early repayment charges.
Switching made simple for existing West Brom mortgage customers
Step 1. Current rate about to end
- Check what rate you will automatically change to. You might be happy to stay on this.
- Check your latest statement to see if there will be any early repayment charges to pay if you switch all or part of your mortgage to a new product.
Step 2. Before you make your application
- If you want to switch to a new deal and would like advice from one of our qualified mortgage advisers, you can book an appointment in branch or over the phone.
Step 3. Making your application
- If we are providing you with advice, you’ll be asked about your needs and circumstances. This will enable our mortgage adviser to recommend the most suitable deal for you.
Step 4. Application to completion
- When you have agreed to proceed with the application we'll make you a formal offer. Your offer will be sent to you in the form of a detailed mortgage Illustration. We will also send you a ‘Confirmation of your mortgage needs’ letter.
- Please take the time to read this and make sure you're happy before you sign and return your Illustration to us.
- Upon receipt of your signed Illustration, we will send you a letter stating when the product switch will take effect from. If you change your mind and no longer wish to proceed, please contact us immediately.
- This letter will also tell you when we’ll start collecting your new monthly payment.