How do I make withdrawals from my savings account?
You can make withdrawals over the telephone. Funds will be sent to your bank account via electronic payment. Please note we are unable to process withdrawals from post/telephone accounts at any of our branches.
Alternatively, you can write to us using the following address:
the West Brom
2 Providence Place
You should visit your nearest branch with your passbook, where you can request a cash withdrawal, cheque withdrawal or an electronic withdrawal to a bank account in your name. If you are unable to visit your local branch you can call our customer service team on 0345 241 3785 (Lines are open between 8:30am - 6:00pm Monday to Friday and 8:30am - 12:30pm on Saturday). Alternatively, you can send your passbook and withdrawal request to our Savings team (the West Brom, 2 Providence Place, West Bromwich, B70 8AF) who will send a cheque to the address we hold for you.
There are cash limits on the amounts you can withdraw from a Branch account, which may change from time to time. To check the limits, you can telephone our Customer Service team.
To find your nearest branch, click here.
For WeBSave accounts, please refer to 'Making Investments & Withdrawals' within the WeBSave Help Guide.
Processes for withdrawing your money
These processes are in place to increase security for customers, therefore offering peace of mind knowing that your money is in safe hands.
A member of the Society may contact any customer who sends in a withdrawal request for:
- An electronic payment of £50,000.00 and above
- Any withdrawal request accompanied by new bank details.
We will complete a security check to verify the customer’s request before proceeding. The main scenarios where we may contact you are detailed above although there may be other reasons when we will need to contact you and complete additional security checks before we process a withdrawal request. It is therefore very important that you provide a contact telephone number as the instructions will not be processed unless we are able to speak to you.
Please note, withdrawals over £250,000 will be sent via CHAPs and incur a £30 fee. This does not apply to ISA / Bond maturities.
- Do any charges apply to your savings accounts?
- How do I close my savings account?
- How do I make a Standing Order payment to my account?
- How do I make withdrawals from my savings account?
- How do I pay money into my account?
- How long does an electronic payment take?
- How much can I withdraw from my savings account at any one time?
- What are your current savings interest rates?
- What is a Tax Identification Number?
- What to do if I have lost my passbook?
- Do you issue cheques payable to a third party?