How it Works
A self build mortgage is designed to fund a range of homebuilding plans, including self and custom build. It differs from a traditional mortgage because the funds are released in stages, rather than as a single amount.
Typical self build stages are:
- Wall plate / frame erected
- Wind and watertight
- First fix and plastering
- Second fix and completion
Unlike a traditional mortgage, your borrowing capacity is based on the value of the new property once complete. With our self build mortgage you can borrow up to 75% of the expected end value.
Speak to BuildStore early on to get a clear understanding of your budget and borrowing options. Their advisers will tailor your mortgage and stage payments to suit your specific build and payment schedule.
Key mortgage features
- Interest only payments available during the build
- Borrow up to 85% of land costs and 80% of build costs (up to a maximum of 75% of the end value when works are complete)
- Mortgage funds released in stages (in arrears)
- Suitable for self and custom build, renovation, conversion and home improvement projects in England and Wales
Find out more
To find out more about our self build and custom build mortgages, please get in touch with BuildStore using one of the following options.
Call 0345 223 4888
Lines are open 8.30am to 7.00pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 5.00pm on Friday and 9.00am to 1.00pm on Saturday.
BuildStore Mortgage Services Limited is an appointed representative of Mortgage Advice Bureau Limited and Mortgage Advice Bureau (Derby) Limited which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
BuildStore Mortgage Services Limited. Registered Office: 8 Houstoun Interchange Business Park, Livingston, EH54 5DW. Registered in Scotland Number: SC448916